10 Benefits of Video for REALTORS
Updated: Oct 3, 2018
Unless you've been living under a rock for the last few years (ha ha - get it?), you've likely seen a major increase in the volume of video that is being produced - regardless of industry or purpose. Given how visual of an industry real estate is, it is no surprise that REALTORS (and groups) small and large stand to benefit from high quality video.
But why exactly is that? We put together our top 10 reasons why video is essential for effective real estate buying and selling.
1. Ever heard the saying "a picture is worth 1,000 words"? Of course you have. That's why all of your listings always include photo. So why not "say" it better with video?
2. Speaking of photos.... Great photography can be huge in demonstrating the highlights of your property, but video gives your audience the chance to really 'see' the beauty of your property that can't always be captured in photos alone.
3. Video is THE digital medium. Marketing agencies around the world are integrating many more videos because the statistics speak for themselves. One example? Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video compared to 10% when reading it in text.
4. And speaking of statistics, did you know that 1/3 of online activity is spent watching video?
5. If social media is your marketing game, then you best be including videos in it! They have been shown again and again to be the medium with the highest engagement and 'shareability' on social networks. (Don't believe us? The stats don't lie, with social video generating 1200% more shares than text and images combined.)
6. Video has huge benefits for SEO efforts. Google knows that people want high quality video, so they are more likely to rank pages with integrated video higher up in search results. Add in the benefits of metadata and tagging, and you've got a site that is incredibly more attractive to a search engine than one that hasn't had new media in years (or ever).
7. Every day there are more buyers and sellers entering the market. An effective video can be attractive for both of these groups. How? Buyers get a better look at your property, in the absolute best and most effective light possible. And as for sellers, they'll be thrilled to find a realtor who is not only professional and experienced in real estate, but is also doing everything possible to keep up with current marketing and advertising trends.
8. There's nothing worse than spending hours talking to potential buyers about a property, only to have them show up and realize it's not what they were expecting. What a waste of time and energy, right? With video, you can be assured that the leads you get are the most qualified leads - because they've seen the video and already have a proper understanding of the listing.
9. A great video can help your brand and listing to stand out from the crowd. Imagine you are a buyer and there are two ads: one with text only and one with video. Which do you expect to be more effective and generate the biggest response?
10. Hellllllloooooooo ROI! A great video only costs a small fraction of the value of the listing, but can have a positive impact that reaches around the world.
If you're ready to increase your exposure, sell your listings faster and for more money, please feel free to write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. And as always, the consultation is free :)